Receiving Clear Inner Guidance
by Corinne McLaughlin
- Clarify and affirm your intention.
- Purify your motives for receiving guidance.
- Release ago needs such as pride, greed, fear, anger, and also any doubts that you can actually receive clear guidance.
- Relax and take a few deep breaths to calm your body, emotions, mind.
- Align yourself with the highest source within you (God/Spirit/Universal Mind, etc.).
- Invoke your soul or higher self and ask your question (s).
- Avoid becoming too passive- stay conscious and aware.
- Listen quietly for the answer from your soul and write it down.
- Be aware that the answer may come in many forms: direct knowing, words, pictures, symbols, inner light, energy sensation in the body, synchronistic events, a message from a friend, or a passage in a book.
- Challenge the guidance as to its spiritual source and authenticity- make sure it is coming from the soul, not from the unconscious or lower psychic (astral) planes.
- Make a commitment to follow through on the guidance you've received (use it or lose it), and take full responsibility for it.
- Dedicate yourself to living a life of service to others.